BEACH 360°

Saturday, July 29, 2006

My sea sick experience

The night before we head out to sea, I was determined to go for a dip into the tantalizing waters at Koh Tao. We set of from the Samui at around 8 in the morning and what a memorable journey it was for me. Within the next hour sea sickness struck! From then on I was laid down on the seat for the rest of the journey.

When Michael, our director, called out, "We need sound for this!" I tried to be as professional as possible to give him what he wanted but I could hardly lift my self off the lying position. The last time I felt this way was when I was pissed drunk 10 years ago. Thankfully the speedboat we were one had a low ceiling and I can't place the boom over the heads to Angela and Edmund (Dive Instructor), so I had to boom them from the bottom in a seated position. What a relief!!!

At around 2pm that afternoon we boarded the Catamaran. It was a beautiful boat and it was suppose to be a smooth sail in the sun, but with the choppy waters and the storm that blew over, yes, I spent most of the time on it lying down again. Lunch on the catamaran was superb (looks to me), but I could only eat half a Kebab because anymore would cause me to vomit. Michael called for sound again. This time it was around the boat and I had to boom them over their heads. I had Wee Keong (Ben) grabing my belt in case I fall over. After that shot I went back to lie down.

9 hours after we set off to sea we finally returned back to Samui and immediately the sea sickness was gone. I am determined to be prepared for the next trip and I will definitely take a dive into the water for the next one!

2 Comments:

At 1:04 AM, Blogger Wieszcz said...

yo bro... appreciate you inspite of your sea-sickness... sound is still fabulous! what can I say? A pro is a pro... cheers.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger :)X said...

Thanks for the compliment, dude!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home